Sunday, August 30, 2009

District 9

Rating: eh (rating scale)
*sigh* where do I start? I really really wanted to LIKE this movie. I love sci-fi and I love history. The story line for this movie is presented as a documentary which makes it particularly more argumentably up my alley. But alas, I didn't love it. Truth be known, I didn't really like it all that much. District 9 was just ok to me. I know what you are thinking, the ratings are off the charts, everyone loves this film. Eh.. it just didn't do it for me. Maybe its because I was too quickly reminded up front how bad management decisions can have catasphrophic ramifications. This is no spoiler, but in the movie, the head dude selected to run the relocation program for the aliens, is only choosen for this very important role (and promotion) because his father in-law is a big wig that personally selected him. From there on in, gaffe after gaffe, stupid move after stupid move, I could only be brought back to the thought, 'see this is what happens when you put an incompetent clown in charge'. I guess in short, I felt completely annoyed throughout the flick... To make matters worse, the movie ended in a way that left this darn story WIDE open for a sequel. I'll wait for that one to hit cable.

No comments: